Headset / mic without headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazed_climber

Baseband Member
I am buying Z-5500 speakers and I think its a shame to where headphones when I play games, but I still want a mic. Is there any headset style mics, that are just that a mic and nothing else?

You could always just get a headset and not plug in the headphone cord, just the mic.

but then it would be like wearing ear muffs and trying to listen to your expensive stero? That would be dumb...

Im not sure if they make just a mic headset. I know they make small headsets that only have a speaker for one ear and have a mic, maybe you could mod one of those? Or if you looked you could probably find just a mic headset that wouldnt cover your ears with anything.

Istasi said:
You could always just get a headset and not plug in the headphone cord, just the mic.

Actually, that's a brilliant solution if it works... Because no-one said that you actually had to put the ear pads over your ears. Just put them on your temples or something. I think it's a really good idea. Unfortunately, my headset is USB :angry:

What I do is just hang the headset around my neck. Then I just bend the mic so it comes up to my mouth and I am ready to go.

Buy a USB headset. I have all sound going through my Speakers and I have the headset for Ventrillo/Teamspeak.

Jesus said:
Buy a USB headset. I have all sound going through my Speakers and I have the headset for Ventrillo/Teamspeak.

How do you do that? I put a post up in PC Gaming asking just that question. When I use my USB headset in BF2 I lose all sound through my speakers.... Help

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject. I actually am quite surprised there is no product like this. I dont think everyone who would want to use a headset style mic would want speakers. I think I will mod a pair of headphone and take out the speakers, but the other ideas sound like they would too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom