Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfluffles

In Runtime
I'm looking for some nice ~$50 (+/- 20) over the head headphones. I'll be using them for gaming and music but I won't use them with portable players so size or portability doesn't matter. They don't have to look too nice but something that doesn't look like a turd would be nice.

Thanks.

I have some Grado SR-60s and they sound pretty dang good for the price.

I think I'll go for the Icemats.. Or maybe just stick with my V-Moda Vibes for gaming and music at home even it it isn't the best..

Anyways, just so I don't have to make another thread, can anyone tell me what the difference between these two are?

Amazon.com: Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System: Electronics
Amazon.com: Logitech X-530 70-Watt 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System - White Box: Electronics

What do they mean by White Box? And daammnn.. those z-5300e's look so nice for just $110.. Think I should cough up the extra money for those? I really really don't want to pay that much but that seems like a great deal. Keep in mind that I don't have a sound card right now and won't for a little while.

You dont really need 5.1 system unless you're playing games that are stealthy like that requires strategy like Counter Strike perhaps where you need to hear every single step the enemy takes around you. But if you like a 5.1 system and can afford it, then its worth getting it also :D

I have been doing extensive research on audio and sound parts and whatnot. I found that the iCEMAT's were some of the best headphones for the price, and that if you don't have a great soundcard, get some Logitech X-230's 2.1.

I was going to get the X-540's which are like the same as the X-530's pretty much in sound but I've decided to go with the X-230's as for the money they are just awesome.

However I've never seen the X-530's that cheap though on amazon....so go with them.

Hum..... Are there any 2.1 speakers just a little bit better then the x-230s? Like maybe $50-60? Or will surround sound be worth it? I'm won't use speakers too much for gaming, mostly just music. I will be getting a sound card eventually though. (Hopefully that one Asus card. Looks so awesome although I don't even know if it's supposed to be high-end or what-not and how much it will cost! I can't find much info on them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom