He has "ants in his pants"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AA and AF are off. But then the AGP card is an Intel 478 Prescott and the gaming system is an AMD OC'd 3200+. Could it be a combination of the AMD CPU and SLi? EDIT: They a Dual XT's in SLI.

I have an AMD cpu yes, but my 6800GT (which is now FINANLY a 7800GS) is AGP. CPU dosent really have anything on it considering it IS a graphics benchmark. CPU tests are for CPU bout it. Im just wondering why your 6800GT OCed that high is scoring like that.

P.P. i think why his card oc'ed so high is scoring pretty low cause when u oc ur gpu, the 3dmark score eventually goes down. i dont noe why but thats what happens.

Yeah I agree with the others on the low score thing. Ive got a 6800GS and so far my best score in 05 was a 6310 and you should be able to beat me.

Huh??????? The benchmark in 3Dmark uses 3 CPU scores. One third of the score profile comes from the CPU tests. I'm getting nervous here! Let me ask you all this: The 6800xt cards are only 8 piplines but have the same core and clock frequencies as their GT/GS relatives. Is it not ture that these cards acting in Sli actually function as if they were one card with 16 virtual pipelines(as was the case with the original monster PCI dual card setup)? There are a lot of issues here that are now raising my intellectual interest given that I am completely new to SLi buses. Example.....someone above said that the 6800xt is just a jacked down 6600gt. The 6600 gt has only a 8+/- Ghz bandwidth. The 6800xt is 24 ghz. And the PCie bus matrix has 4x the bandwidth than AGP pro. As I understand it, the memory and GPU architecture of the 6800 cards are profoundly different than the 6600 generation cards, pipelines notwithstanding. When I OC'd my AGP 6800gt, my 3dMark05 values only went up by 120 points so there is a **** of alot more to the benchmark protocols than core and clock speeds I.e., band width of PCie vs AGP pro. Memory bus and memory clock speeds, CPU bus and clock rates. The video function is never completely free of the CPU, chipset and Northbridge bus speeds and I presume that oveall great performance is a composite of all of the factors here, Mobo chipset, bios setup, bus architectures and memory etc. Right? This has been great for me becasue now I'll be doing alot of reading and questioning in an area that I have not spent a whole lot of time. Thank you all for your information..you all rock!

RicoDirenzo said:
Huh??????? The benchmark in 3Dmark uses 3 CPU scores. One third of the score profile comes from the CPU tests. I'm getting nervous here! Let me ask you all this: The 6800xt cards are only 8 piplines but have the same core and clock frequencies as their GT/GS relatives. Is it not ture that these cards acting in Sli actually function as if they were one card with 16 virtual pipelines(as was the case with the original monster PCI dual card setup)? There are a lot of issues here that are now raising my intellectual interest given that I am completely new to SLi buses. Example.....someone above said that the 6800xt is just a jacked down 6600gt. The 6600 gt has only a 8+/- Ghz bandwidth. The 6800xt is 24 ghz. And the PCie bus matrix has 4x the bandwidth than AGP pro. As I understand it, the memory and GPU architecture of the 6800 cards are profoundly different than the 6600 generation cards, pipelines notwithstanding. When I OC'd my AGP 6800gt, my 3dMark05 values only went up by 120 points so there is a **** of alot more to the benchmark protocols than core and clock speeds I.e., band width of PCie vs AGP pro. Memory bus and memory clock speeds, CPU bus and clock rates. The video function is never completely free of the CPU, chipset and Northbridge bus speeds and I presume that oveall great performance is a composite of all of the factors here, Mobo chipset, bios setup, bus architectures and memory etc. Right? This has been great for me becasue now I'll be doing alot of reading and questioning in an area that I have not spent a whole lot of time. Thank you all for your information..you all rock!

I'm not even in the mood to read all that :(

Close the post....neither am I. illgitimae non carborundum!!! For those who where helpful. Thank you.

RicoDirenzo said:
Now,I am aware that this in not the ultimate machine but I think my son will be happy (he is actually going out of his mind because he has to wait for the parts to ship). The Mobo and GPU's are on there way form Newegg (I love that company!):

Abit AN8 SLI Pro AMD 939
Dual Nvidia 6800xt's PCIe 256 megs each to run in SLi
2 gigs of DDR 400 Memory
Audigy 2 Zs
Dual Western Digital 250gig HD's in RAID 0, SATA1 150's
550 Wt. Codegen PSU (not the best but they have never let me down).
Benq Dual Layer DVD+/- RW
AMD 3200+ Venice Core

Think he will be happy with this rig? If he isn't...I will be!!!

:p

Mobo: BAD
Video cards: Really BAD
Memory: OK
Sound card: Below average
Hard drives: BAD
Power supply: Really BAD
Optical drive: OK
CPU: Below average

Sorry dude, some bad choices there.

Running said:
but still 5960 on 3dmark is pretty impressive
I score over 8000 in 3Dmark05 with my single 7800gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom