HDD question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey dont feel bad. Even if you had spent BIG BUCKS on building a machine, you'd still be unhappy with it and want more. Look at my build. Its never enough. As soon as the new video cards come out im going to sell my GTS and either go SLI 8800GTs or crossfire 2950s. 1920x1200 is demanding.

I would like to use CAD if I can ever manage to get my hands on a (free) copy of it (being that it costs thousands). I took a course in high school and even if I'm not gonna be an architect, it is still a very useful program for things such as designing the show-room at work. the 1GB memory cards were only $40 each, which in my opinion was a steal, the cpu was less $ than an e6700 from a regular retail store (I purchased a good majority of the items from eBay and everything was brand new that I got). So even though it looks like i splurged and went crazy on the processor and memory, I really kept it more conservative than if I would have bought it all from someplace like Best Buy or CompUSA.

dude... I heard THAT one... I'm just now starting to pay payments on this stuff for this build and already plotting a new build, only this time w/ a EATX mobo and go FULL TOWER BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! (cue fireworks).... but anyways... so I CAN upgrade to the 8800GTS without worrying at all about changing anything else on this build?

okay, so now a new question to pose to you: 320MB, 640MB, or 768MB... price difference in the hundreds between the three... which should I aim for (besides the obvious choice of the 768, @ $500+ it's a little outrageous for me)

like switching from 512MB of DDR2 to 320MB GDDR3, is that a step down or up?

It's a step up. More memory does not mean more performance. GDDR3 is way faster than DDR2 memory. The 8800GTS has 80 more stream processors, than the 8500GT. And the number stream processors, has a direct affect on a graphic card's performance.

anime_dude07 said:
and another thing (sorry for being so d**med curious) GTX vs. GTS?
Since you said a GTX is out of your budger range, go for the GTS. But the GTX is better. Though the GTS will fit your 22" perfectly, for gaming.

Please do not double or triple post. Just use the edit button, to edit your previous posts.

okay, so after deciding which size 8800GTS to get and decide between GTS & GTX, the only thing left to do is:
-change my cooling unit to a better performing LCS (personally I just think the idea of LCS over heatsinks or fans is kick a**) to replace my ThermalTake Big Water 735, due to the leakage problems of many other owners of said system
-OC the cpu

If you want a better watercooling kit, go to petrastechshop.com...they have great quality kits for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom