HDD question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anime_dude07

In Runtime
Just something that's in the back of my mind as I'm scrolling through other threads... I'm thinking of adding another WD HDD, but a 120GB. Here's the question: with the 120GB for OS and page file, and the 150GB Raptor X for gaming, can I partition the 120GB and run 2 OSs on it? or would that be overkill?

Yes, you can dual boot two OSs on one hard drive with two partitions.

I would assume that having the OS and games on the Raptor, would be better than having the Raptor for games itself.

you really think so? I heard somewhere that it's optimal for performance if you leave an HDD half empty. I just naturally assumed putting the OS on a seperate HDD leaves more room for higher end games that take up massives ammounts of HDD space.

I wouldn't expect high end gaming, since you have a very weak 8500GT. So I would suggest that the Raptor be the main hard drive with the OS.

From what I see, most people get a Raptor to put their OS on it.

Yes, it's a waste when you SLI two very low end cards. A single 8800GTS will destroy two 8500GTs, it's not even funny.

The only reason to SLI, is if you were playing games on a very high resolution of 1920 x 1200 or 2560 x 1600. Which are commonly found on 24" and 30" LCDs, respectively.

For the 22" LCD that you have, the 8800GTS 320 is perfect.

I guess thinking back teh only reason I went with the 8500GT was because of the budget I tried to keep... but that all went out the window when I ended up adding it all together... I think I may still be able to return the 8500GT, being that I haven't even recieved it in shipping yet. 8800GTS, huh?

The memory of the graphic card, has nothing to do with the compatibility of the other components in your system.

What you could of done beforehand, was get the e6750 and overclock past the e6850 speeds, and you get yourself a processor that is cheaper, and performs better than a stock e6850, for much less.

Or you could of gone only with 2GB of RAM. You would only need 4GB of RAM, if you were graphic designing, video/photo editing, or using CAD. 2GB is plenty for the average or high end gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom