hdd problems.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
i bought a maxtor 200gb sata hdd. and after 3 months it would not be detected by my computer. so i returned it to maxtor and now i a refurbished on. so i have been using the refurbished hdd for 4 months maybe. and i was trying to open my music file in my 200gb hdd, then it said there was an I/O error. so i rebooted and the hdd would not show up.
when i boot up there is a pic that pops up and it says 0s/2 ware by ibm

Its going going and possible gone. Slave it in an another computer ASAP and recover any important data before trying to run repair/diagnostic programs.

If you cannot access the drive on another computer then its gone and data recovery will be difficult unless you want a Profess company to do it for lots o Cash.

dam maxtor, this was the second hdd that died on me within a year. i bought the 200gb at staples for 70$, after three months the hdd would not be recognized by the computer. and if i tried to load windows on it it would only show 120 somthin gigs. so the hdd was still under warranty and i gave it to maxtor. i got a "new" hdd from maxtor, but it turns out that its actually refurbished. i was like..ok i guess it will be fine, what are the chances that my hdd is gonna die. and yesterday after school what do u know...the ****in maxtor hdd died!

umm i need more help. i am using a sata pci card and during boot up it can see that there is a 189gb hdd hooked up to it. and i tried to do a system restore and it said that "g" my hdd, wil not be able to be restored. if there was a restore point in september, can i see it even though it is october.

Restore points save install information on Windows. It will not back up files and otherthings you may want. If the drive dies, you pretty much loose whatever was on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom