HD4890 crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesirecat1701

Running on empty.
I am considering a HD4890 crossfire setup.

I already have a great board for it I was looking for some numbers.

If anyone is running a HD4890 xFire rig and has some numbers to share that'd be great.
I'm weighing my options at this point in time.

thanks in advance

I don't have any numbers, but a quick google search is chalk full of em. Also, try youtubing certain games and include 4890 xfire in the search. Should pull up results.

chesirecat huh? blink fan?

I don't have any numbers, but a quick google search is chalk full of em. Also, try youtubing certain games and include 4890 xfire in the search. Should pull up results.

well the reason I'm here is because of the ungodly slew of numbers were all over the charts from site to site.

And I want to see what 4890 crossfire will do with the latest drivers.
After all, at this point it's all up to those drivers.

chesirecat huh? blink fan?

good call , yes I am, it's also a slight reference to alice in wonderland

4890 xfire shouldn't even be considered unless you have a resolution of 2560x1680

if your playing call of duty maybe, but if your running stuff like gears of war, prototype, and the ludicrously inefficient crysis games @ 1920x1200 with the highest settings and 4xAA I would call it a necessary implementation.

I said I'm weighing my options because I was considering snatching a decent 790i board off someone for cheap and going with GTX260 (xfx black editions) in good ole sli because they perform just as well as the HD4890 xfire in almost all reviews I've came across.

Only 2 problems with that,

1. it's stupid to go out and get another board for the SLI when I already have a xFire board that overclocks more than I'll ever need to

and

2. in all these "benchmarks" the anti aliasing was never turned up and that's where the 4890's 1 GB of DDR5 really shines, so the bench aren't quite in favor of the 4890 imo.

Hence forth it would be great if someone where to give me some real numbers to chew on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom