HD4870 or GTX260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my GTX for $206, so GTX is the winner for me!

I have seen at least 2 reviews where the numbers ran in favor of the GTX, and several where they switched from game to game. Personally, just go for the cheapest and best bundle maybe. I am quite happy with my purchase :)

Funny, newegg doesn't have a GTX 260 for anything under $254. Are you sure you bought the right card? They go have a 9800 GTX+ for $209 but that is a far cry from the GTX 260

This thread has been uber hijacked.

Go for the 4870, they will release new drives for it down the line and improve its performance.

Also it should last you at least 4 years for RTS games. If you look at War3 and C&C Generals, old cards can play them high. My card is getting old and i play C&C3 High.

This thread has been uber hijacked.

I offered advice in all of my posts...

In the end, I would say to wait for a great open box deal and take the gamble. You can't lose with either card. The only game that either card took a SERIOUS lead in was GRID, and that was the 4870.

Sidenote: COD4 scales phenomenally with multi-gpu solutions.

( don't know how demanding RTS games are, hopefully the card would last two years but i guess thats a stretch)

Thats not really a stretch. It wouldn't surprise me if the GTX 260 is able to last another 3 or 4 years. The first two years it will be fairly decent and able to bring any game to its knees. The remaining two years it will be aging and playing games at normal frame rates and normal resolutions.

But you'd be getting the bang for your buck I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom