HD4870 or GTX260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't volt modded yet but I am running happy at 700/1000 with 44C temps. How much higher does the volt mod let you go?

Gurusan is running 880/1110 I think. I'm not sure about the memory but I know his core is 880. I got to 800, but I've been lazy and haven't taken it up any higher mostly cause I don't need to. But I probably will soon.

Oh and that is with just the pencil mod.

The volt mod, well I've seen as high as 900/1200 I think it was, but you need some pretty bad *** cooling for that.

No, I got the same thing and it's good for 800 core, but I think gurusan water cools his. You may be able to get away with 850mhz core with that cooling, I'm not sure how hot it gets. I know it starts to get pretty hot for me at 800.

I'll check when I get home. I'm sure you can get away with it. My guess is at 850mhz with your cooling you will see 45-50c's idle and 60-75 load. Which is perfectly acceptable.

I think I idle 35c's and load 50c's with 800mhz core with my fan turned up high.

That would make sense for you, you could OC the **** out of it, possibly vmod it, and then party fold allllll day long.

I'm going to w/c my 4850 eventually, but I feel uncomfortable spending any more money this summer, so I'll wait a while.

I would pick the HD4870, especially if you're on a budget.

(And to those who were talking about bad jobs, I had to install sprinkler systems to save up the money to get this mid ranged computer! 8 hours straight of harsh physical labor in 90+ degree weather! Not to mention that you come home covered in mud :p )

That would make sense for you, you could OC the **** out of it, possibly vmod it, and then party fold allllll day long.

I'm going to w/c my 4850 eventually, but I feel uncomfortable spending any more money this summer, so I'll wait a while.

Yeah, but i would have to spend quite a bit, since i would want to get a new case too.

That raidmax iceberg case i like can fit a 240 rad..hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom