HD Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
This is what newegg reports my Mobo to support for storage.

Storage Devices
P ATA 2 x ATA100 up to 4 Devices
P ATA RAID NV RAID 0/1/0+1 JBOD
SATA II 4
S ATA RAID NV RAID 0/1/0+1 JBOD

I have a SATA II 250GB HD currently and I want to add a 120GB HD I got for free the problem.... It is IDE and I don't know what IDE varient. Is it possible to use IDE on SATA interface if not are there adapters you can buy to connect SATA/IDE.

You don't know how to connect and EIDE HD?

Use a 40 Pin 80 conductor Ribbion cable for the drive, set it to master put it on EIDE Channel 1.

Lol

There are SATA to EIDE Converters but it will only work at ATA 133 at fastest.

Yea, I'm kinda confused. You take the flat ribbon IDE cable and plug it in. The pink lined side must go in pin 1 of it.

There is no IDE slot on the Mobo. And for the price people are asking for these converters it's best to just buy a new Sata HD.

Ste said:
"P ATA 2 x ATA100 up to 4 Devices"

Either your Blind or Newegg is lieing to you.

Aahaha i think hes blind... Why would they make a mobo without IDE?
there are only a few idel CD/DVD drives around atm and they cost alot.

What motherboard is it?

and if you dont have a SATA CD drive plugged in... you obviusly have it plugged into IDE.

I'm not blind just though my eyes may not be perfect anymore. On newegg it looked like "PATA" though I never heard of it I wouldn't be suprised with all the IDE, SCSI, SATA and different revisions of them. My bad Ste.

why did'nt you just check the motherboard to see if it actually has an IDE connection?

Tyler1989 said:
I'm not blind just though my eyes may not be perfect anymore. On newegg it looked like "PATA" though I never heard of it I wouldn't be suprised with all the IDE, SCSI, SATA and different revisions of them. My bad Ste.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to insult you.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom