HD signal to my monitor?? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
Send a message via AIM to blast2blaze
Default HD signal to my monitor??

I didnt know where to ask this so ima try here.

I want to connect my HD reciever to my monitor and that works but the problem is sound. I wanna use my computer speakers to hear the sounds from the tv but it uses the traditional computer input wire. Can I get a soundcard or something that will integrate it together and still keep the HD signal? Or is there a converter that u put the computer wire in one side and the red/white outputs on the other?

btw i have the logitech z-4's as my speakers.

Sorry for the newby question, thanks in advance.

blast2blaze is offline  
Old 08-12-2006, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Socal
Posts: 665

Uhm you should goto computer audio forum... http://www.techist.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=14
As they probably know exactly what you need to do this. I've never delt with HD recievers and all that, but if its just regular RCA jacks for audio then its no problem. If its RCA jacks then google 'mini to RCA adapter' and just figure out what you need to connect.
Sui is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.