HD install Trouble http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=76

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenvoid01

In Runtime
I'm finishing building this refurbished dell computer and I'm taking an old hd from a compaq and putting it in no OS is currently installed and the mobo is not detecting the hd what going on?

Does BIOS recognize the drive? Are all connectors in tightly? Where at is the motherboard not detecting the drive? Have you tried hooking it up in a working computer as a slave drive and seeing if that computer recognizes it?

Any of the drives as in none of the optical drives either? If it doesn't detect anything (HDD/optical) you either have bad cables, cables not inserted into the motherboard properly, or a dead board.

This may sound stupid, but you have both the data/power connectors in each drive, correct? I assume you do, but I'm just making sure.

You could also try putting the drives in as slave devices in your current computer to see if your computer detects them or not.

From what i have observed the monitor and keyboard won't work either but the video card I nstalled allows the monitor to work could the board need a new CMOS battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom