Hd 4850 vs 9800 gtx+? Ur opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, thought it looked nice :)

i needa try and get me a sponsorship and start writting incredibly long reviews and take tons of pictures on every nvidia and evga product i get.. lol

imma sell this p45 in the near future.. whenever i can afford a 780i imma sell this off

That is still no excuse to buy an inferior product. That 4-5 fps later on could mean the difference between playable or not on a future game. You can't just sell yourself short.

Unless Crysis is the only game you play the 9800GTX+ isn't a smart buy, nuff said.

This is a really strong bias opinion. I know you have the card and you like it a lot, but reality is that the 9800GTX+ is not "inferior". Each card has its weak and strong points, some games prefer the 9800GTX series cards, other games prefer the the 4800 series cards.

4800 has CAL/Brook, 9800 series has CUDA.

Im pretty sure down the line, it wont mean playable and unplayable, because the 9800GTX+ is not by any means a weak gpu. Its a good overclocker as well, and i think others will agree when i say that Nvidias drivers are more stable, and more frequently updated.

Compared to the drivers which came out when the 8800GT was launched to the ones out now, ive noticed a nice jump in performance. And forceware 180 is supposed to increase performance even more.

In the end, its down to what games you play and what you do with the card. But i dont agree with a product being "inferior" because its a few fps slower in certain games.

If that were the case, i could call your 4850 inferior because an 8800GTS 512 from 2007 could beat it in crysis, and its an older and slower gpu.

Crysis isn't the only game in the world. The reason Nvidia cards are better at it is because Nvidia paid for it to be "optimized" for them. thats a fact.

Its also a fact that the general performance of the 9800GTX+ is lower than that of the 4850, so yes technically that makes it inferior. I'm sorry if you don't liek that word, but I am following the definition.

nvidia does have better drivers on average and they do get released more often. But when did I ever say that ATI's were better? In fact, you can find me in several places on the forums saying the catalyst 8.9 sucks. That is also a well known fact.

The 4850 is higher on the list for a reason, and that reason is it is simply a faster card. I'm sorry, but even if it is 1fps faster, its still faster.

I'm not saying anything new here. This has been beat into the ground. The 9800GTX+ isn't bad by any stretch, but the attempts to recommend it over better cards when it really only has two things going for it is a little foolish and biased.

I don't see why I always end up being devils advocate, but I will defend the logical choice as long as I can. Crysis is the only game where Nvidia cards show a clear advantage (and IMO its an unfair one) and F@H is not used by the vast majority of pc owners or even gamers. I tried it. Then realized the talk of it scaling back when I played a game was a lie, as my fps fell through the floor. Not only that, but it hasn't actually cured anything. They have many times the power of the most powerful super computer and they can't cure a disease? Please, I'll believe all of your effort Rican when something comes out of it. In fact. The day they come out and say they have cured a Major disease, I will eat my words and will go to newegg and buy a folding system. I doubt it will happen any time soon.

Since it is only superior in Crysis, and F@H isn't taking the world by storm, I think its safe to say that 90% of the situations would warrant an r700.

You know its funny, I would have expected the AMD fanboys to be ATI fanboys also. It must have something to do with the color green.......

in my exerpiences i've only had 1 problem with ati drivers... and that was just last week with windows vista ultimate 32 bit.... crysis would not run... and my drivers would constantly fail and give me a bsod..... i'm not sure if it is a crossfire issue with my mobo and vista... but it was not acceptable... i was almost ready to RMA my motherboard or video cards...

but then i installed xp and everything ran just gravy....

and i can honestly say, image quality is better w/ the 4800 series... colors look much better, and more rich...

but at this point i don't care.... i wanna play crysis... and i wanna play it GOOD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom