Hd 4850 vs 9800 gtx+? Ur opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not saying it isn't better overall, but like i said certain games do better with 9800 series cards, and they have cuda and physix, which is a fact.
and some people got PhysX working on RV770 cards.
And it does Havok Physics, and it has CAL, and Brook+

I play warhead @ 1440x900 with 2xAA on mainstream smoothly. Looking at the results in the benchmark thread, Nvidia still has the advantage.
Try putting it on 8X AA.
RV770 barely registers a performance hit, if at all.

A 9800GTX+ is not a mediocre card, it is a fast card, simply not as fast overall as the 4850, but faster in other areas.
Sure, but we're not arguing that the 9800 GTX+ is a slow card.
4850 is just faster, and cheaper.

Havok is nowhere near as good as Geforce Physx, and i ran the timedemo at @ 1280x1024 mainstream with 4xAA and got 53.54 fps avg

And somehow he is only ranked 2,737 overall.........

That has to do with his overall points, which is barely over 1 million.

You already moved to two HD 4870's? Any plans on the Quad sooner or later?
I got a 9600 BE cheap, though I think this one's quite coldbugged (it clocks higher without thermal paste on). I'll be after a Deneb though.
I'm thinking about getting an SB750 board, too. Just not sure what one I want to go for.

:) The HD 4850's price is going up
I don't think it is. I've seen them going for $139.99 after MIR on the egg.

I got a 9600 BE cheap, though I think this one's quite coldbugged (it clocks higher without thermal paste on). I'll be after a Deneb though.
I'm thinking about getting an SB750 board, too. Just not sure what one I want to go for.

I don't think it is. I've seen them going for $139.99 after MIR on the egg.

dang Chris...

You are a crazy dude with the upgrade bug... so what clock did you get?

I'm having a bit of trouble with my X2 4600+, but I really care more about the GPU and Sound card if anything else...

You know I've kept AA off because i thought it would kill my frames but **** Apok is right!I was getting around 40fps. I would post a screen shot except something happened that made it not come out right. I will try again later.

so your average fps whent up when you added aa as i remember you had 37?

edit: also nos welcome back to the green side get a ftw board tho when you purchase, i love my 750i pencil modded, also i hope i influenced you a litle to come back :D glad to see soem oen fighting the good fight :D

dang Chris...

You are a crazy dude with the upgrade bug... so what clock did you get?
without thermal paste, 2.6 in XP32/2.5 in XP64. With thermal paste, barely above 2.3 before being unstable. Temps are about ~15-20ºC idle. It seems to like being at about 30-50ºC much better.
It's B2 stepping + SB600, so that's not helping. Though TLB crashes seem nonexistent.
I'm having a bit of trouble with my X2 4600+, but I really care more about the GPU and Sound card if anything else...
When I had it, I was able to get 2.9. Ran it at a bit above 2.8.
Though I suspect the IHS isn't contacting the die particularly well. When I dropped the 6000+ in, I saw a large drop in temps, with no changes to the watercooling.

i'll admit it i am also a nvidia fan boy. but soon i'll be purchasing a p45 mobo. and the havok crap on oblivion was kind've stupid. i like UT3 with the physx mod pack.

so your average fps whent up when you added aa as i remember you had 37?

edit: also nos welcome back to the green side get a ftw board tho when you purchase, i love my 750i pencil modded, also i hope i influenced you a litle to come back :D glad to see soem oen fighting the good fight :D

No, I don't know what the average is, but it bounced around between 30 and 40. Mostly at about 32. So I'd say I took a 2-3fps hit. But considering, that's pretty good.

No, I don't know what the average is, but it bounced around between 30 and 40. Mostly at about 32. So I'd say I took a 2-3fps hit. But considering, that's pretty good.

1280x1024 mainstream 4xAA right?

Hmm i got more fps than you in those settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom