Which HD 4670 should I pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Kaizer

Daemon Poster
I have decided to get a 512mb HD 4670, and I'll be ordering from newegg within the next few days (Along with 2 more gigs ram, an MX518, G11, Crysis: Warhead, and 120mm Blue LED fan :D very excited. Gotta love birthdays.) . I have my mind set on that much. I also do plan on overclocking as much as possible.

There are about 5 different HD 4670s on newegg currently. I have an HDMI monitor, so I'm looking at the Asus one, as it has a big fan on it, and has an HDMI port, so I wouldn't have to use an adapter, but I don't know how good that hdmi port actually works. But on the other hand, the Sapphire one is already reviewed as being a great card, but I would have to use an adapter, and the fan isn't big. Then there''s the HIS IceQ version that would most likely have the best cooling, but it's a bit more. Then there's the MSI version, which comes with Rainbox Six Vegas 2 for free :D (Last choice though, I don't really care about that game). Which would be the best choice? I don't know if the larger fans will really be necessary for this card, and if an adapter lowers the quality or capabilities of the card.

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4670/DI/512M/A Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H467QS512P Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100255L Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - MSI R4670-2D512 Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

As far as I know, a dvi-hdmi adapter doesn't cause any loss in quality, as they're both pretty much identical digital signals. The only difference being HDMI allows audio to pass through as well, wheras DVI normally doesn't.

I'd probably go with HIS myself. It'd probably cool and overclock the best just by lookin at the dual slot cooler. Of course I'm used to all my cards being dual slot so it doesn't bug me like it does some people.

As far as I know, a dvi-hdmi adapter doesn't cause any loss in quality, as they're both pretty much identical digital signals. The only difference being HDMI allows audio to pass through as well, wheras DVI normally doesn't.

I'd probably go with HIS myself. It'd probably cool and overclock the best just by lookin at the dual slot cooler. Of course I'm used to all my cards being dual slot so it doesn't bug me like it does some people.

but AMD is able to have it's own sound chip in the 3xxx and 4xxx series so u can get audio through it, so HA!!!!!

lol

The HIS is pretty large considering it's fan. my 8800 is about the same size. I meant in terms of performance the asus and msi look identical. i don't know HIS so I won't knock it till i try it.

The Asus and MSI are not identical. These card should all be able to perform around the same amount. I would go for the HIS myself. That heatsink is a beast for a midrange card, so you will have a fair amount of OC headroom, and there is nothing wrong with that. There isn't going to be a quality loss with the adapter unless the adapter itself is bad, DVI goes much higher than 1080p so you are in no way pushing the technology. Although having a built in HDMI port is nice, makes one less thing you have to keep track of.

If it was me I would get the HIS.

The IceQ cooler is a great cooler, i was able to OC my hd 2600 PRO to almost 150MHz for core clock, and like 200MHz for memory and my old case had bad cooling. But the integrated HDMI port is nice incase you lose the dongle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom