Having trouble with decision...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
I can't decided what cpu to get, bros.

I was gonna go with a quad core, but I'd like to save some money if possible. I think it would be more cpu than I really need anyway. With that said, what core 2 duo would be at least as good as the FX55 I was using before? I don't do a whole lot on my comp other than photoshop and the like.

The gamer in me wants to get the best of the best, but the sensible side of me says, no.........just get what you "need" for now. lol

What are you looking to spend? Quads are 250 now. If I were going to spend 189 for a dual I would most definitely save alittle more for a Quad. Just don't go out to dinner for week.
Edit: Or should I say a night.

What are you looking to spend? Quads are 250 now. If I were going to spend 189 for a dual I would most definitely save alittle more for a Quad. Just don't go out to dinner for week.
Edit: Or should I say a night.

Agreed I would just save up the little bit of difference and go with the quad core. I can't wait for mine should be here soon. :)

I'm looking at newegg right now and all I see are quads for $275. Where can I find one for $250?

I don't plan on doing any overclocking, so that's not a factor. Would I absolutely need an aftermarket cooler? The way things are now, I have zero time to mess around with things. I just want a good proc I can plug in and expect to work well. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom