Having issues lately :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
Uhmmm k..my bad luck starts a few nights ago...Casually blowing dust off the top of my computer and I look down to notice one of my top fans is dead and will no longer work :\ So I'm like " cool..it's probably been dead for weeks and I haven't noticed ". That's not a big issue though because it's the 2nd fan that has died on me out of this case's stock fans :\ :(

Anyway, the big issue:

lately when I run F@H GPU client every now n then (random really...sometimes minutes sometimes hours) the screen will flicker and say the drivers failed. I have tried the latest nvidia and the ones before them ( tried ones before first then upgraded to latest). Also, every now n then I would pay attention to the display and notice it would basically stop working every few seconds(this usually only happened with the units with 8000 steps for some reason).

Well yesterday I moved up in the world and downloaded windows 7 64 bit. Installed the W7 64bit nvidia drivers ( the lastest as I had before). Then it starts being a real pain :| Run F@H then almost instantly get issues with the driver thing. Then it starting the motherboard speaker would beep...a "long continuous beep" after looking that means the video card isn't seated properly. Well...it's in there good, and I haven't moved it for months so why would it tell me now it's seating improperly? Paired with these beeps was the post code " dC " on the little lcd...I couldn't find out what this was :\

So yea, any input on what I should try? I ran the rtune stability test for 10 minutes and nothing happened..and I'm running F@H right now and nothing is happening (before I done this there were like 8 auto updates installed for windows...so maybe those fixed it?).

I've already checked the card over, checked power cables, cleaned....and it idles around 46c and loads around 68c so It's not a heat issue :\

http://i37.tinypic.com/nlqwt1.png

there's the gpu-z ss

EDIT:

uhmmm k ...after a bit of looking around I noticed that windows installs drivers 185.XXXX automatically. When I installed my drivers I did not uninstall these :\ BUT When I uninstall, it totally does not recognize my GPU and will not allow me to install any other drivers. So how can I install mine and remove the old ones without this happening? And I can't update through device manager because it says the drivers are already up to date....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom