Have some extra money, time to upgrade parts? Experts please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Whats going on guys. I organized my finances and I have some extra money now. I have about $1000 to spend on upgrading my PC.

My specs are in my sig, and I just built the PC in February. Have I missed alot of new technology since I have built my PC? Is it even worth upgrading anything at this point? I have to say I am happy with my PC right now with the exception of a few performance-related things, but I am always going to want to have the latest-and-greatest.

What parts in my sig may need upgrading to something new for better performance? Should I wait a few more months?

Thanks dudes
Joe

your pc seems to be pretty good and you have some choices if you want.

if you play games then maybe you should upgrade to geforce 8800 gtx or maybe try buying another GTS and get a 1000 watt PSU to get high fps, max resolution and max anti-aliasing and all those settings. Quad-core these days are a bit too expensive so i think you should avoid that until it gets the prices a bit lowered.

you have an EVGA gpu so you could use the step up programme to get a GTX couldnt you?(im not sure how the stepup works)
Nothing else would give you any advantage in upgrading apart from gpu i reckon.

your pc seems to be pretty good and you have some choices if you want.

if you play games then maybe you should upgrade to geforce 8800 gtx or maybe try buying another GTS and get a 1000 watt PSU to get high fps, max resolution and max anti-aliasing and all those settings. Quad-core these days are a bit too expensive so i think you should avoid that until it gets the prices a bit lowered.

1000 watts PSU is ridiculous, even if you have the most high end PC you will only need around 600watts and even less.

Your PC is more than fine, you don't need to upgrade, I said wait a little more until ATI release their cards next week and lets see what can happen in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom