Have I installed my tuniq tower incorrectly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian99

Beta member
Hello everyone, this is my first post here at tech forums.

I just did my first computer build, and I decided to get a tuniq tower 120 as it was highly reccomended on these forums. I think this is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyways. Here is an image showing the tuniq tower installed in a vertical manner with the fins pointing downwards.

06.jpg

I placed my tuniq tower in almost the same way as shown here, it is vertical but the fins are pointed upwards. I have seen many pictures like the one above but none with the fins pointed upwards like the way I installed my tuniq tower. So my question is, will this have a significant effect on my cooling and airflow in the case? In your opinion, should I bother reversing the tuniq tower so that the fins are pointing downwards like shown in the picture above?

I downloaded a program called speedfan and tonight when I was playing warcraft my CPU temperature was at 43 C. That's not a bad temperature, but I am still concerned with how I installed my tuniq tower.

what direction do you have the fan blowing? As long as it's pointing to that rear exhaust fan everything should be fine. Your temps sound ok so I would think you did it right.

well, my fins are pointing down and the fan wires are on the top, not sure what direction the fan is blowing :(

The correct way is vertically, but make sure the fan is blowing air toward's the rear of the case, into the exhaust fan.

stick your hand between the tuniq and the rear exhaust fan. feel air blowing on it?
you got it right.
dont feel air? the fan itself needs to be taken out of the tuniq and turned around.

Yea, you need to check if there is exhaust. The fan needs to either blow to the top or to the back. Since your Tuniq is positioned vertically, your fan can only flow out or suck air in. It should blow the air out towards the back.

hey, i have my tuniq mounted the same way, im 99% sure that they put the fan in stock so that the way you have it mounted will blow air out the right way.

Get a tissue paper to check if the Tuniq Tower is pulling the tissue paper or blowing on it. If it's blowing, then the Tuniq Tower is facing the wrong way and it'll disrupt your air flow.

mines installed that way too

this guy has it differently, Build a System: Page 5

although if you see the fan coming out, his fan is either blowing up or down while ours is either blocking toward the back of the case or the front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom