Have anyone installed a PS3 processor into their computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
1. This should be possible, has anyone tried it? (and if you buy the ps3 and get the processor it should be hella cheap.)

2. Has anyone used CRAZY GLUE on their computer? I have the fan speed cables all around the case, So I figured those can be easily pasted with crazy glue.

3. Is it possible to put plastic covers on some of the motherboard parts? or wherever possible? (To keep the motherboard clean)

4. Whats the chance of getting your motherboard, or some other component non-working because of static damage? (has that happened to anyone here?)

5. Biggest error you have done to your computer?

I don't understand the point of this... You asked 5 different questions that had absolutely nothing to do with eachother. I'll answer them as best I can though.

1) Isn't the PS3 a completely different socket? Its a totally different architecture too and no motherboard would support it. It's like putting an AMD processor in an Intel mobo.

2) I don't understand. Cables pasted to what? Are you asking if you could glue them down for wire management? If so, thats a bad idea because if you ever want to take your computer apart, you're gonna have to rip those off. Just get some zip ties.

3) I don't know why you would want to do this. Most cases come with fan filters now and even if they don't, its easy to just take a little can of compressed air and spray your parts to clean them. I've never had to do this and I've had my current rig for over a year.

4) It's pretty rare. It probably will not happen unless you're really dumb about it... i.e. wearing some nice wool socks on your carpet and sliding all over the carpet while you're working on your computer. Just don't be a jack*** and you will be fine.

5) Thought up a bad setup for my wire management? That's easily fixed though. It's not that hard to do everything right.

Although those were some really random questions, I hope I gave you the answers you were looking for.

1. This should be possible, has anyone tried it? (and if you buy the ps3 and get the processor it should be hella cheap.)

2. Has anyone used CRAZY GLUE on their computer? I have the fan speed cables all around the case, So I figured those can be easily pasted with crazy glue.

3. Is it possible to put plastic covers on some of the motherboard parts? or wherever possible? (To keep the motherboard clean)

4. Whats the chance of getting your motherboard, or some other component non-working because of static damage? (has that happened to anyone here?)

1. No, cell is made for the PS3. You would have to use other parts from the PS3 and by the time you were finished you would have........a PS3..........in a different box.

2. Ummmm no. Just no.

3. See #2.

4. Never happened to me, and I don't really honestly ever think about it.

5. First build I applied too much thermal paste. That is about it though.

1. Theres no way that you can fit a PS3 CPU in a normal mobo available to End-Users

2. thats crazy...

3. not smart at all...

4. very unlikely unless you live in a place where you get statically shocked by friends or family a lot

5. Ever using a Pentium 4 Build

5. Ever using a Pentium 4 Build
lol i found that funny

also nosboost thats a good point, didnt even think about that until u said it. my guess is the ps3 cell is actually soldered to the motherboard and no a removable socket type like a PC.

1. PS3's are great but I m too broke to still buy one, so no. Besides my IQ is over 10 so I know better.

2. By all means go about super gluing wire together. Just make sure to send me the pictures when the glue melts and gets all over your mobo and GPU.

3. Why of all things would you want to put a plastic cover over it? For Gods sake isn't that what the Case is for?

4. So long as your not playing around with socks, wool, and a dry carpet. Then you really have nothing to fear.

5. It would have to be having a Celeron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom