Has anyone bought it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukem

Where am I again?
You know what I'm talking about... ;) The new ASUS or BFG Physx card... "Gonna be Da' Bomb, YO!" :p I'm really thinking about it... Has anyone taken that plunge yet? I know they are seriously putting some effort into making games for it by end of the year/FQ07

Thoughts?

I just dont see any good games for it that they're making, the only "good game" that i see coming out will be cell factor. For petes sake, they're doing a chess game with PHysx. how sad is that. they better have physx on bf2142 or else

ya, i'm seriously considering it too... its very tempting...... but instead i decided to go with a 2nd 7900 gt... the benefits arent good enough yet, they lower your frame rates, so your gonna need a beefy graphics card or cards to use that as of now... so i'll wait for the asus one to be released and for the price to go down

I say the card has a LOT of potential to some point always being needed but as for now I don't see it being that widespread. IMHO

I'm in agreement on the waiting for the ASUS. After doing more research and reading... I think I'm going to wait as well until we see what is going to happen. Right now to many poeple/companies are "fishing" to see what kind of response it will get... I think I'm gona get a new mobo and 7900GTX... then I can finally sell this AGP board, and get with the program... LOL

Ok heres the deal. Some explosions imo look better with the Phsyx card. Some look better. But what really gets me is it majorly decreases fps to the point when you watch the videos they barley move the character because of so much lag. Overall I dont think it is worth getting one.

Are they for sale now by themselves? I thought they were only coming with some select alienware comps....

Either way, i wont be buying one untill im required too. I have to save all my money for summer vacation too. :mad:

I just got the game Ghost Recon 3: Advanced Warfighter and that supports physx cards and some screenshots of it being used with one make it look so nice. I would buy one if i had the money, ill prob get one when they fall in price.

ya, graw looked pretty good with the physx card, i wouldnt mind getting it.. well when the asus comes out 256 mb instead of 128.. i'm expecting a 50 dollar difference there :(

wow i just looked on overclockers.co.uk and they have the BFG Ageia PhysX and its only £217.32 inc. VAT thats pretty good. but yeah i think ill wait for 256mb cards. maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom