harddrive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
i got my new 500gb seagate yesterday, and been using it fine. filled up about 3-4ths way, and in partition magic, i noticed its labeled as BAD instead of NTFS! I tried to format it to ntfs, but it failed with error 4, bad argument/parameter. Any ideas? its working fine, and i did a windows error check and it was fine. Should i rma it? or backup everything and if it fails seagate rma it

i got my new 500gb seagate yesterday, and been using it fine. filled up about 3-4ths way, and in partition magic, i noticed its labeled as BAD instead of NTFS! I tried to format it to ntfs, but it failed with error 4, bad argument/parameter. Any ideas? its working fine, and i did a windows error check and it was fine. Should i rma it? or backup everything and if it fails seagate rma it

no use taking a risk...rma it.

For one, I wouldn't suggest using programs like Partition Magic. It's always best to use the built-in Disk Management tools of the OS. Go into the Windows Disk Management by:

Open up the Control Panel.
Choose Administrative Tools>Computer Management

Disk Management is an option under Storage.
Check to see if it says Healthy/Bad/etc. and tell me what you find.

Chances are it's just an error with Partition Magic. I would backup the drive, but it seems to me that everything is fine and the only thing not working correctly is your Partition Magic program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom