hard drive questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3wcl@w

Baseband Member
hi i have a problem i have a asus a8r mvp motherboard which has 4 sata 2 ports but my hard drives 2 of are sata 1 i am wanting to change the hard drives to sata 2 now what would be the best way to do it is it not as easy as putting the new drives in then copy the contents over then takeing the old drives out.

There is no point to changing the drives. You wil not see any performance increases wiht SATA 2 vs SATA 1 drives anyway. Trust me....go with what you have. If you were upgrading to 10k rpm Raptors.......now they are worth the change. Otherwise, your doing just fine with what you have.

I second that, SATA2 (so called) just mean you get more bandwidth on the bus, but trust me theres no way 2 harddrives are going to come even remotly close to topping out a 1.5G/s bandwidth never mind the 3G/s of SATA2.

SATA2 is only worth "upgrading" for if you use like a 12 disk raid array or something.

j3wcl@w said:
hi i have a problem i have a asus a8r mvp motherboard which has 4 sata 2 ports but my hard drives 2 of are sata 1 i am wanting to change the hard drives to sata 2 now what would be the best way to do it is it not as easy as putting the new drives in then copy the contents over then takeing the old drives out.

70 words. 1 Period.

Priceless.

Re: Re: hard drive questions

Alex81388 said:
70 words. 1 Period.

Priceless.
2 sentences: 2 words each. No subject, predicate or modifying adjective.

The pot calling the kettle black!!! ROFL!

Guys way to stay on Topic. :mad:

The thing with harddrives is that, they can only transfer as fast as the data can be read. So even though they have the said transfer speeds, The read/Write speed of the Head is not there yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom