Hard drive question......... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Hard drive question.........

i only have a 40 gig HD at the moment so obviously looking to get one at least twice the size, BUT, if i got another is it just a case of making sure i get one with the right connections, i.e IDE? plus could i get one with a higher rpm speed than my currant one and use it as a master drive just so it would load things quicker? not that its slow now but you catch my drift

P.s im not very knowledge-able on HD's so put me right if ive got anything wrong!

Old 03-03-2006, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

u dont have to use the higher rpm as master as u can still store ur games and apps on it. and if ur mobo has ide then get ide. if sata get sata. mine has both connections as do many now.

and yay my hundreth post! lol

Old 03-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

as IDE drives go the fastest you will get is 7200rpm which is probably what you already have. the only thing to be sure of is that a)your case has enough room for the hdd and b) there is a free ide connection.
Visit my website - nitestick.net
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

yeah theres a free slot next to where my currant one is, so yeah im sorted now, buying a new HDD was as easy as i thought after all
Closed Thread