Hard Drive LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtmpacygax

Banned
Hi,

I am not so sure my hard drive LED is working. Is there anyway I can check if it works? Is there anything that needs to be installed, like a driver, in order for the LED to light up, because I haven't seen it light up yet. I also know for a fact that the wire is connected right, since I just checked it. This is just a little issue that is bugging me.

Thanks,
Ted

Not sure how yours is but for me I just plug a little two pin connector into a slot on my motherboard. Either way it should be labeled. If it's the same for you check the manual that came with your motherboard, you might have it in the wrong place. Or the LED could be broken I suppose.

You might want to check this out:
http://www.zapwizard.com/Guides/IDE/

no drivers should ever be needed for led lights

I'm assuming you built this pc and led light you are referring to is the hd led activity light on your case?

Easiest or simplest thing I can think of is...some mbs have 2 areas with labels for HD led. I don't know why this is, it's peculiar and I never bothered to figure it out ;p. If one of those doesn't do it, move the connector to the other.

I am pretty sure that the wire is in the right spot and it is connected right, but I will check again. I know that the Power LED and the HDD LED aren't mixed up, because the Power LED is working correctly. Also, how can I check if the LED is working, because maybe I just don't see it running, but really it is. What can I run to activate the LED?

You know if you plug it in backwards it doesn't work? This is why my case has no lights, then they seem to break from being pluged in backwards.... I don't know its retarded, its just a stupid led anyway.

Really, when I first plugged all my wires in I plugged them in backwards. If that is what is wrong with my HDD LED, then I am glad it is the only one that got broken. It would suck if my Power Switch or Reset Switch got broken.

If you think about it there should only be one way to plug them in, even though I'm pretty sure I've set mine backwards a few times and nothing bad happened. Obviously you'll want to turn out the lights and see if the LED is still working first. If that doesn't work you can try purchasing a new LED. They're cheap. Or you could try doing that mod in the link above, but I'm not sure how safe it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom