Hard Drive Failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
I'm running vista and have a 150gb rapter, and a 200gb wd drive. They've been used heavily for the past 2 years but latelly i've been hearing the 200gb just stop spinning and start back up. My Computer confirms that the drive goes offline and is not accessible (at which point all kinds of applications say data is missing and i just restart).

so... time to buy a new drive or is it jsut a little hicup? The last time it did it was 2 weeks ago, but before that it was doing it ever few hours. Most of the time after about 10 minutes it starts back up again (enough files in the memory to satisfy programs like itunes i guess?) I have a lot of the files backed up but nonetheless i would lose a lot of data if it crashed (i.e. incomplete torrents, pictures of the last few months, game profiles, website files, etc).

i'm quite partial to wd and figured while i'm at it might as well get rid of all my space problems and get a 500 if its only $30-40 more for like 2x as much data

so is the drive on the frits or just kind of messed up?

i'm quite partial to wd and figured while i'm at it might as well get rid of all my space problems and get a 500 if its only $30-40 more for like 2x as much data

so is the drive on the frits or just kind of messed up?

it might be overheating... or its on the fritz

hm... my case is insanely cool so i dont think its that... i'll go pick up a new drive just in case and stress test this one see if it breaks :)

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom