Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehBestEver

In Runtime
Will I see a noticible change in speed from an ATA to a SATA 3.0GB/s? I don't want to drop $90 until I know what I'm getting. I know the specs say its faster but can you notice the difference? I'm especially looking at this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144701
I haven't upgraded my hard drive in like 2-3 years. The hard drive I have now came with an eMachines. Its model # is: WDC WD1600BB-22GUA0.

If your current HD works for you, i'd say to wait to change...there's not a significant enough change to drop $90 when you don't need to

Is there going to be faster technology soon? I know the 10,000rpm and the 15,000rpm ones would probably do it but those are too expensive for the size I need (250GB or more). Also, is it a good idea to install your operating system on a separate hard drive than your other files? Will this improve boot time or anything?

no its that noticable in the short run but it may help in loading times a little bit in games.

yeah, you can install windows on a fast hdd then have a big slave to put every other file on. i think that may speed up booting.. pretty sure it would if it was on a fast enough hdd

You may want to buy a small raptor (36gb) and put your OS and thing you want to load fast such a games. Then you can use your old HD to store other things such as music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom