hard decision, im not sure... - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

The 3500+ is still a good chip, so don't stress on it. I bet if you wait until Core 2 Duo comes out, prices will drop dramatically. Thats like next week too!

Old 07-06-2006, 02:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie

hmm...wot about the x1600xt? its got better clock speed and gpu speed but not got gddr2 memory like the 7600gs, which is best?????????????

since im saving £20+ on a g card i can still get the san diego 3700+ which has 1mb l2 cache, so basically its the same as the 3800+ but a bit cheaper, ill see how the prices drop and then i may be able to get an even better cpu, roumers are that amd athlon 64 x2 will go below £100 at the end of july...well see what happens.

for now i need to know which is best out of the two above g - cards, heres a link comparing the models im looking at and i still dont know which one is the best.

Sig removed due to size. Please refer to the sig rules before adding another one.
Closed Thread