hard decision, im not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz0r

Baseband Member
I have the Sonata, it's an excellent case. :)

The LANboy looks louder, more air flow. The Sonata is quiet, not big on air flow.

I would go with the Sonata, and its PSU seems to be just fine as well, compared to most crap power supplies that come with cases. I also think the Sonata is WWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYY better looking the Lanboy, which looks childish, imo.

okay i think ill go with that one then. my decision is final. now what to downgrade in the internals...

i am buying the following components

amd athlon 64 3800 sckt 939
1024mb RAM
nvidia 7600GT PCI-E
Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 NF4, S939, PCI-E (x16)
120gb seagate barracuda 7200
samsung dvd +/- rw
17" crt monitor
3 in one bundle mouse/keyboard/speakers
Antec Sonata II Piano Black Quiet Case
d-link router/usb dongle

and it all comes to about £600 with delivery, thing is i aint got that much to spend realy, is there anything i could possibly compramise on, im finding it quite hard to downgrade now ive got that setup in my mind.

an option is to get a 7600 gs or x1600 xt instead, what would anybody advise out of these two? or how low should i dare to go when downgrading a cpu, is at least a 3800+ pretty much a necessity in terms of modern gaming?

Hmmm.... 17" CRT. If I were you, I'd consider getting a good monitor and speakers. Those will last you a while. The high-tech stuff, however, gets outdated pretty fast; besides, the lower you go, the more value you get. Just do yourself a favor. Those'll be two less purchases you'll have to make later that you'll be kicking yourself in the 4ss for.

It's not the end of the world if you can't run F.E.A.R. on high settings. :)

i havnt got the money/ id rather spend it on performance, not asthetics, tft / flatscreen is out of the window, i can save up afterwards, i just want to get the main parts sorted now, a crt for £45 is a bargain and i can upgrade to a £100+ moniter when i can afford it, also i use headphones all the time, and i have a realy high quality stereo in my room so i can bang music onto a cd if i wanna play it loudly, otherwise these cheap speakers will do.

Well, then a 7600 GS would be a viable option. An HD downgrade wouldn't give you much more money....so.... it's either graphics or the CPU. You probably don't want a crappy motherboard. Not a great idea.

The ATI's have more issues than the Nvidias.

You can get a CRT from www.accurateit.com for wayyyy cheap. I got my 21" Trinitron CRT for $98USD, err maybe they don't ship to the UK, sorry.

You could get a slower CPU and overclock it, that would save you some money. If it's a new 17" CRT, then it will be high quality. (I'm big on CRT's still, excellent quality.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom