Happy Holidays, Folks - Need Some Consulting - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Happy Holidays, Folks - Need Some Consulting

Hey folks,

As a holiday present to myself, I'm going to be investing in a new computer. I haven't kept up on my hardware/current technology knowledge for a few years, so I could really use some consulting here. I am basically just looking for a complete list of hardware to order off newegg or somewhere that I can piece together for my new PC. If anybody cares to help me out, that would be fantastic (Merry Christmas!). Or if you require some cash for your time, I'm sure we could work something out (I'm pretty broke, but hey..).

Anywho, the rig I want to build would be a desktop PC with two primary purposes: running games (Diablo 3 is coming out soon!) and editing videos. I am looking to spend around $800 US on the case/hardware itself (already have monitor, mouse, etc). And less is always better

I'm not the biggest PC gamer, but there are a few titles out there I would like to pick up that my current computer can't handle smoothly. Diablo 3 being the main (sys requirements here), as well as the new star craft and probably skrym.

I edit a lot of videos on my computer for my current job. So the computer should be able to be fast at rendering videos, complying with Sony Vegas Pro, and working with raw video files in .mts format. I can't find the system specs to handle that type of file, but the compression is MPEG4 AVC/H.264 (AVCHD).

A few other random things... I watch videos on my TV from my computer, so a HDMI or other nice output would be good. Also, a decent amount of storage space is cool.

So yea... I'm probably forgetting something, but I believe that I have the necessities covered. If you can help me out, thanks a ton!

Closed Thread