Had plans but budget got tight

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxBoBxX

Baseband Member
Well i had plans on making a system for about $1500 everything included, But my budget has shrunk. I was planning on

eVGA 256 geforce 7800gt
AMD 64 3800+
MSI KN8 Neo4-F Mobo
Enermax Wisper II 460W PS
2gb (2x1GB) Corsair XMS DDR400
Seagate 160GB sata hd
Acer 17" 8ms lcd mon
Xoxide case

It totaled w/shipping just under 1500 with keyboard mouse fans etc.

I'm going to have to start my plans from scratch and try to cut a few hundred dollars. I'm open to just about anything. If you have any suggestions on completely different setups please feel free.
My target is about 1200 maybe a little over I'd prefer to have a lcd but if need be i'll just get a P.O.S. CRT until i make some more money.

get a 6800GS and get corsair value select ram, a 17-19 CRT and u'll be down to around $1200

on that processor, is that the Athlon 64 X2, or is the single core 3800? I was just curious. That might be an area to cut back on. Maybe an Athlon 64 3200+ would suit you pretty well.

1gb of Corsair Valueram will do you alright. Keep that idea open.

Ryan

Ryan: The processor is a single core. Is the one you are sugesting single aswell. When i made this there was only about 15 dolars difference between the value select and the ram i pick and this one had a heat sinks, and lower latency.
For the video card whats the best 6800 for the $?

Well, if you're willing to do some overclocking, it's time do downgrade your processor. It is merely the Athlon 3000, 3200, or 3500 overclocked. If you buy the 3200, I'm pretty confident you can get it that far without trouble. My 3000 is at 3800 speeds, and it is cool as can be.

The 6800GS is the best bang/buck 6800 series video card. The eVGA one is on sale for 169.99 on Newegg.

Ryan

Well The problem i have is i have absolutly no experience or even any knowlage with OCing.
Ok so it looks like maybe downgrading the processor, and the vid card to 6800gs woudl put me close.
What Processor would you recamend if i'm not ocing of minimaly ocing should i gain the knowlage?

I agree with the posts above. Drop to a 3200+, a gig of value RAM and a 6800GS, should put you close to your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom