HA little Advice fellas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjones007

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I just finished building, rather my brother-in-law put together my new system. This is the mother board I have: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=247010 it runs great so far and sounds good gaming. However, I also bought this sound card:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=360224,
not realizing the onboard sound on the motherboard would sound good.
My question then is, in your opinion, should I return the sound card or just keep it and use it? Is the onboard sound better than the sound cards capabilities? thanks again.
also, sry, i tried to insert the zipzoom as a link, but i was in a hurry.

The link to the soundcard just goes to the homepage. Try install the soundcard, if you think it suonds better keeep it. Depends on what soundcard it is though. I love my Audgiy 2zs and it makes my cheap speakers sound so good. Much better then stock for me. Especially with music.''
Usually a soundcard sounds much better then onboard though it depends on the board

onboard sound

thanks for the reply......i just might install it. Sorry bout the homepage addy......i was trying to hyper link it but i failed....lol......
I am not sure what the specs mean for my onboard sound verse the sound card specs....so if some one could review the specs and compare.....i would be very gratefull......

i guess the sound on which you prefer would mostly have to do with what you do on your computer the most. such as gamming or just listening to music and surfing the web, i found that my audigy 2 works good for games, like i can hear people and its sounds to be more clear and distinct of sounds. but if you just listen to music and surf the web you probly wouldnt notice a difference in sound from onboard opposed to the other sound card you have. but id keep it sicne you have it now

the problem with onboard components is that it chews on cpu power, get the card if you love your sound quality

still thinking

everyones input has been helpful......Im leanng ore towards keeping it.
The_Tobes99: thanks....so far, that has been the most Technically helpful yet. I did not realize onboard used that much power. By the way, here is my new system since Christmas:
AMD 3700 SanDiego (was an Intel user until I searched and got advice from you guys...thanks!!!!)
2 Gig Ultra low latency DDR
160 Seagate, 250 Seagate
Asus Premium MB w/cool pipe
Asus 6800GT
Antec II Mid Tower (black steel)
19" LCD Viewsonic
oh....460 Smart Power......

Perhaps this is off topic and the wrong place.....but how do you guys put that cpu info into a sig......I'm still learning....lol

the 3700+ is still a decent processor, though most people are going with dual core now, OC that a little bit and you got yourself a nice beasty little processor. The onboard sound doesnt use that much CPU usage, though it will let off a little less load to the CPU. It depends if you really like decent soudn or not. I mean some people cant live with crappy sounding music and shell out 5k for speakers and some good soundcard lol. Others are fine with onboard and the rest are inbetween. So really just depends on your taste and whether you need the extra money so return the soundcard, or your just fine.

3700+

Well, I bought the 3700 under a budget.....which still was an upgrade from Intel 2.4....I think. lol...
anyhow, it seems more and more that this sound card issue remains a personal judgement and not a technical one. Although the last post..."it depends if you really like decent soudn or not." caught my attention. So would the card sound better than onboard.....still remains...technically...unanswered. Thanks again fellas.

I have some crappy computer from like over 5 years ago and I bought some $50 speakers and the music sounds great and the gaming is good too. I'm sure the new motherboards have 1000 times better sound then this thing so I would sell the sound card, you probaly wont notice a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom