H50 Liquid cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its pretty much on par with the biggest and best high end air cooler... but in no way is itin the same ball park with a real water loop.

when i had my H50 ( still have it, its for sale btw ) idle was 38 and load was 52, now with my real custom water loop, my idle temp is 27 and load is 34.

the H50 is great for people who want high end air cooler performance but cant fit a huge bulky air cooler in their case

EDIT: if you do get a H50, you NEED to get another fan as a pull. i reccoemend getting better fans than the one that came with the unit. in my experiences, fans that had 75cfm were the sweet spot between sound, airflow and the amount of heat that could be dissapated from the radiator. i have 10 of these fans and love them, they are my favorite fans, ill link you to them, there are 4 different versions, black, white led, blue led and red led ( i have the blue led ones )

fans

I chose to go with the Corsair H50 for several reasons:

1. Weight [much lighter than the massive air-coolers, thus less stress on the MB].
2. Price [when on sale ($59), it was just a tad more than some of the upper end coolers].
3. Effectiveness [I thought it was much more effective than most air-coolers but in reality, it is not] (see chart).
4. Maintenance [absolutely zero maintenance (unless you want to include the occasional blowing out of dust on the radiator)].

Overall, I am still very happy with it.

Regarding the push/pull with two fans, I chose to go with two Scythe "F" fans and all is good.

There are many different posts regarding which way to turn your fans [direction of airflow]. Google it and you can read the pros and cons.

Have a good one!

Soar

PS I added a pic of an H50 in a Sniper Case just to make your mouth water...

Attachments

• H50 temp comp. chart.jpg
    H50 temp comp. chart.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 121
  • H50 and Sniper Case pic 1.jpg
    H50 and Sniper Case pic 1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 121
im going to have to dissagree with you aspire, for what it is, its a great little system, but it is far from " the best " for sure.

As been said many times its only true upper hand is the fact that it doesn't stress the board making it great for travel for lan parties and incase of multiple living situations but besides that its a overpriced mid-upper level cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom