GUIDE: Recomended Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'll allow you guys to debate over whether or not this is a good idea, but something that was brought to my attention while looking over the excel sheet he created is that one of the formulas is messed up. I have yet to go through the rest of them, but generally when something is messed up, it's more likely other things are as well.

I digress. In the $1,500-$1,600 section of the excel sheet, the total is wrong in cell C23. In the SUM formula, he accidentally forgot to add in the Tuniq Tower to the total. So, click on the cell C23 and where it says C5:C18, change C18 to C21 and it will now include the Tuniq Tower in the price and the total in C23 will also be automatically updated.

Very minor, but just thought I'd let some people know so they aren't confused after they add everything to their cart and it's $60 more expensive than in the excel sheet.

In my opinion, this is why wish lists work better. They keep the price automatically updated along with the running total (excluding shipping unless you add it to the cart just to see). But an excel sheet is definitely a sure-fire way to neatly show what parts are being purchased and where from to fellow PC builders or just for yourself. You just have to make sure the prices and totals are correct almost daily.

whoa... thanks a lot. I will be updating everything today anyways so I will definitely fix and re-upload the spreadsheet. With that much information I didn't really expect everything to be 100%, so thanks for catching my mistake. I'm also thinking about putting an HTPC on the list.

I also like wish lists, but the spread sheets allow for different websites to be used to get the best prices. At least thats what I use them for.

Just to let everyone know, I wasn't trying to replace anyone by making this. Its just a starting spot for new builders.

As one of these frequently afrementioned newbs....I like it and if this had been up last month when I first started looking into my build this would have been the first thread I read.

Xcilio make good cases and really nice power supplies for the money they charge for them
i reccomend them all the time to people on here

whoa... thanks a lot. I will be updating everything today anyways so I will definitely fix and re-upload the spreadsheet. With that much information I didn't really expect everything to be 100%, so thanks for catching my mistake. I'm also thinking about putting an HTPC on the list.

I also like wish lists, but the spread sheets allow for different websites to be used to get the best prices. At least thats what I use them for.

Just to let everyone know, I wasn't trying to replace anyone by making this. Its just a starting spot for new builders.

No problem. Good point by the way. I completely forgot about doing budget builds with different websites in which case spreadsheets are optimal for. You know, using ZipZoomFly or Fry's over Newegg because it saves $5 here or there, but hey... that adds up! I used to do that when it wasn't my money for the builds to save others money, but now that it is mine I sacrifice a few more dollars for the service and support Newegg offers.

He's never here.

I update my Recommended PC Components guide weekly or monthly. And I'm thinking of adding a recommended builds myself.

Well, he's the guy who said he'd update it weekly, not me. :\

Eh, whatever. Personally, I just don't think things like these work well.

GL with yours, though.

this sticky could be very good for beginners looking for a general starting point, what happened to monthly updates??

nothing in like 2 years lol

EDIT: scratch that stupid comment, didn't catch the "v2.0" version of the list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom