Guess I'm going to RMA the 8800 GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Even with the 100% setting for Rivatuner, the card idles at 65 celcius and at load as high as 90 celcius. I think this is way too hot compared to other peoples 8800 gtxs. I don't think the problem is with my case cooling or mobo ( have a vigor gaming monsoon and 7 stock case fans ), so I'm hoping it really is the card to be at fault. With the RMA process I was told on the phone they send you a new card ( I always thought they sent you a refurbished model ), so I dunno. I could try applying my own thermal paste, but I don't really feel comfortable doing that. Whats everyone think?

The G80 run very hot...this is why I only usually recommend a Full Tower and excellent cooling in general for one of those.

lol...theres like several threads, dedicated to Gabb's questions, on the GTX and benchmarking.

if you have 7 stock case fans, you case can just be as warm as one with 2 or even none, are you sure they're pointed the right way for proper airflow?

*removed*

wow...very hostile response...

If I don't use Rivatuner to change the default fan speed of 60% the card IDLES at 74 celcius!??! Thats way too hot, I didn't spend 560 dollars for a card to get something that MAY be defective. I called EVGA twice, and both times 2 different people told me the cards too hot and to RMA it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom