GTX260 worth SLI? LC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthTools

Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
Getting in a 780i now and in january when I get in roughly 1k I'll want to SLI a couple GPUs if it's worth it.

I could use the 1k to upgrade to the core i7 920 with the EVGA x58.. but then again the system I have now cost me half the price and should be very fast @ roughly 3.5GHz.. Should last me a long time considering I have been using an Athlon 64 2.3GHz single core piece of sh*t for 3 years now..

I plan on stepping up my 9800GTX around Feb 1 for a gtx260 (Core 216 most likely).

Is SLI on a GTX260 (216) worth it at all?

Can anyone recommend to me a good water cooling system, or parts to build one? (CPU only- Unless it's a great deal I don't want to pay alot extra for GPU waterblocks and such..) Around the price of 300$ or less would be very good, 400$ would be o/k.., and for 500$ it has better be Excellent!

I could put together one on my own from Petras Tech, but I have no experience in liquid cooling.. so, I'd rather have an experienced liquid cooling expert tell me which parts to get.

I'll probably have the liquid cooling setup for many years..

Yes its worth it if your a hardcore gamer and running at resolutions higher then 1680x1200 it is 200% price for 170% performance not twice as powerful as some people seem to think. Also by feb the new 260's will be released and they should be very good overclockers due to the new 55nm architecture.

Petras tech shop or danger den sell some good stuff I only know watercooling through theory not practice so let someone else reccomend some good parts. In basis you need as few connections as possible (less connections less leaks) and gentle curves in the pipes to ensure the coolant moves freely. Radiator (120mm will probably do but 240mm would be best imo), pump, tubing and resevoir.

I would say no unless you have all kinds of extra cash lieing around and you have absolutely nothing to do with it except make a rig that can make crysis with AA to some extent.

To saltynay:

What are they changing on the 260? Adding stream processors again or something? I should be building a rig in feb, so I would be interested in the new model if it isn't going to cost too much more.

I would say no unless you have all kinds of extra cash lieing around and you have absolutely nothing to do with it except make a rig that can make crysis with AA to some extent.

To saltynay:

What are they changing on the 260? Adding stream processors again or something? I should be building a rig in feb, so I would be interested in the new model if it isn't going to cost too much more.

Yeah, and Crysis isn't even that cool... :happy:
28fc2782ea7ef51c1104ccf7b9bea13d.jpg
9701a1c165dd9420816bfec5edd6c2b1.jpg
f0dd4a99fba6075a9494772b58f95280.jpg

To saltynay:

I said they are changing the manufacturing process from what ever it is now to 55nm there is no extra addition except that. It does mean that they will be alot faster clocks possible though

To saltynay:

i'm sorry.. but i still can't throw on AA in crysis on very high... though at 1920x1080.. i imagine at 1680x1050 and lower you could

Read my sig, thats about the biggest bang for the buck watercooling you can do. Assuming you dont count in my case. The full cover blocks were 40, rad 50, pump 85, gtz is about 65, tubing is 80cents a foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom