GTX 700 series, be warned.

I used the name of the Crysis 2 exe. On certain games I use bf3.exe. Skyrim also utilizes Nvidia cards well too. Just a case of tricking the drivers thinking it's a different game and using a different SLI profile. You have to experiment because sometimes it gives negative results.

Last time I did a bios flash all it did was change the name, unlocked things, and boosted the clocks. The device ID remained the same. The only reason I even thought about it was because Wiz over at TPU said something on their 770 thread.

So the GTX780 is a bit of a flop IMO. Too much price tag for only a 3GB card and a slight boost in performance which can be ironed out by better performance per dollar from a 4GB 680 and some OC.

IMO, if anybody really wants this chip you should wait about 6 months until the 6GB cards are out and the price is much lower. Or just get 2 680s.

So... considering I don't want to touch OC at all, wait another 6-8 months until price drops on the 780. Got it ^_^

Won't happen. They will always be over 500 unless you buy one used. I have a serious feeling that the 800 series will be Maxwell and will be vastly different than what we are currently used to. Nvidia have dug them a niche hole so they don't have to lower pricing by having a price/performance tier from the 690 down. When the 690 gets phased out soon, I have a feeling 780 and Titan prices might rise when people want SLI solutions.

Back
Top Bottom