GTX 700 series, be warned.

Thank you for the link PP_Mguire. I was excited for the new cards but I guess I will just overclock this one and save my money for games!

While it's a refresh, it may be a bit wise to wait for their release since they should be cheaper. IIRC, 760 Ti will be ~ 300 ish 770 will be around ~450 ish.

I wouldn't bet on that, because 760ti is 670, so it'll be priced around 670. Maybe a bit more considering the name trying to play people on marketing. If anything, they will launch at 600 series launch prices and 600 series will drop a bit.

BF4 will perform the same as BF3 so no issue there. Optimal recommended card for Last Light is a 690, which is still the best Nvidia card. I will be playing it on a 680 next week so I can pipe in and let you know how it goes.

Nah, it won't bottleneck.

I have got the game ready to install tonight so I will see how it goes. I'm thinking max settings with no AA and one or two demanding settings off (like SSAO) should make it run okay, I hope.

I suspected it wouldn't bottleneck but that is some peoples favorite word on forums. Any CPU that isn't a latest hex core from Intel and they be shouting "omagawd it will bottleneck ya gpu".

I have got the game ready to install tonight so I will see how it goes. I'm thinking max settings with no AA and one or two demanding settings off (like SSAO) should make it run okay, I hope.

I suspected it wouldn't bottleneck but that is some peoples favorite word on forums. Any CPU that isn't a latest hex core from Intel and they be shouting "omagawd it will bottleneck ya gpu".
You should be able to max everything without AA actually. Unless you want to do Surround.

Well what's funny, is Haswell will be about 20% faster than their extreme hex chips. CPU bottlenecking really isn't an issue anymore lately. All recent chips should send information to a single GPU quickly enough as is. THe only thing that could be a problem is dual cores and games that actually use more than 2 cores.

I actually think you would need SLI Titans to max it with high AA in 5760x1080 surround lol.
Maybe 3. It seems to be better optimized than 2033 though. I ran the bench maxed with no AA on the 5850 and averaged 14fps and was hitting in the 20s. SLI 580s overclocked with AA on I was averaging 28fps in 2033.

My 690 can't even cap 60 fps in Mechwarrior Online at 2560x1600 :( Doesn't help that the game is poorly optimized and doesn't care about the 2nd chip. When I had the eyefinity running on the 7970, with all settings maxxed it ran 4 fps :( Cryengine hates games.

Back
Top Bottom