GTX 580 vs GTX 570 -Performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

new2IT

Baseband Member
I'm about to build a new PC and I'm either going to get EVGA's superclocked GTX 570 or their superclocked 580. I'm not sure if I need the power from a 580 though, so I don't know if it's worth the extra $200 or not.

I will have dual monitors, one is a 1680 x 1050 monitor I'd use as a secondary and I'm going to buy a 1920 x 1080 monitor for primary use. I have no intention on using both in gaming, so I doubt that will require any performance.

However, in the future I would very much be interested in getting 2 additional monitors that would be the same as whatever 1080p monitor I get for my primary....this would be for gaming so I know I'd need the performance boost with that.

What are your thoughts on this? While using just the 1080p monitor for gaming would there be much of a performance difference between a GTX 570 or 580? Would 2 570s in SLI be enough to power a trio of 1080p monitors, (in their native 1080p resolutions of course)? Would it be worth it to splurge on the 580s?

All depends on what you're playing. For one monitor, you're really not gonna notice a difference except in like Crysis. I'd go a 570.

I just upgraded from a Core 216 GTX 260 to EVGA's superclocked 570 and I love it. I haven't noticed much of a difference visually between the two, playing at 1920x1080, except better frame rates in games like BFBC2 and the ability to crank up the AA. I've got my system hooked up to two monitors that I use to do research and stuff while I write, and I switch between my 32" LCD TV to watch Netflix and it handles the loads just fine. In the next few months I will be upgrading the CPU and Motherboard giving me the option to SLI, but honestly I think I have all the power I need. Get the 570, save the $200-$300 and invest in a decent SSD or a nice 1080p monitor.

Get the 570, save the $200-$300 and invest in a decent SSD or a nice 1080p monitor.

Good advice, I was just thinking this earlier today. Still on the fence when it comes to going SSD....I want this to perform well for years....but I would really like to get a nice large LED monitor. I think I have my answer, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom