GTX 470 Test Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
These are by no means professional figures, just some quick tests until i can be bothered to do them all properly. And i have a real issue with beleiving the JC2 Benchmark utility, for nearly the entire benchmark it sticks nearly exactley on 30, whether on 4xAA or 16xAA, and the fps ingame feels quite a bit higher than on the benchmark too. Anyway, here are a few pics.

jc24xaa.jpg

Lies about my ram, i have 3gb.

jc216aa.jpg

Some fluidmark results, i'm actually on Win 7 32bit.
fluidmark.jpg

Only tried clocking the GPU quickly, but it doesn't seem to great, atleast on my system. But anyway these were the clocks everything else was benched on
GPUclock.jpg

BFBC2 at max
BFBC2.jpg

Highest temp after 30minutes of playing JC2 at max settings with 60percent fan speed.
30minsgameplay.jpg

Iphone Decibel App (I heard it's reasonably accurate) at 1meter with fan at 60percent and case on, I could only just hear my PC through the sound of my games at a low/medium volume.
dB10meter.jpg

More proper figures to come, such as 3D Mark Vantage, and more games with FPS recorded more 'professionally' if you can call it that. Rest of pc specs are in sig, but here they are anyway:

Q9550@ 3.74ghz
Basic gigabyte mobo (basic enough for me to forget which model..)
3GB DDR2 at ~800mhz
Win 7 32bit Installed on 250GB WD Drive, Games on new 500GB WD Drive
Corsair 650TX

edit:

Random point, Metro 2033 has the best freaking graphics i've ever seen and for 90percent of the time the GTX 470 copes with it at a playable frame rate with DOF and Tessellation on. Some scenes are extremely intensive, so i have to turn them features off for a minute until i get passed though.

Not bad, JC2 is in DX11, correct?

The numbers do seem surprising, as I got 50+(IIRC) on 1280x720. Then again, it was in DX10, so that could be the issue with yours.

I think it's only DX10 actually.

And yeh, but you're on my old card where you couldn't enable Hardware water physics, bokeh filter and some other stuff - and they have a decent effect on FPS if i remember. Still it just seems weird how it sticks to 30 almost exactly.

I'll try it with fraps tommorow whilst actually playing, it does seem smoother than 30fps while i'm playing.

I think it's only DX10 actually.

And yeh, but you're on my old card where you couldn't enable Hardware water physics, bokeh filter and some other stuff - and they have a decent effect on FPS if i remember. Still it just seems weird how it sticks to 30 almost exactly.

I'll try it with fraps tommorow whilst actually playing, it does seem smoother than 30fps while i'm playing.

Yeah, with everything on high, 4x, and 16x, I'm gettin' 35.54fps. The water, and bokeh would probably be where the hit comes from, as that's about the only thing I can't enable. I know when I get into big cities (like the one where the t.v. station is), I get lagged out pretty good, but still playable none-the-less.

On a side note : How do you like the game? I first bought it, and didn't have an internet connection (ISP hadn't hooked it up yet), and didn't realize it was Steam powered. It's a fun game, but after doing pretty much the same thing to cause chaos, it's getting boring.

Yeah, with everything on high, 4x, and 16x, I'm gettin' 35.54fps. The water, and bokeh would probably be where the hit comes from, as that's about the only thing I can't enable. I know when I get into big cities (like the one where the t.v. station is), I get lagged out pretty good, but still playable none-the-less.

On a side note : How do you like the game? I first bought it, and didn't have an internet connection (ISP hadn't hooked it up yet), and didn't realize it was Steam powered. It's a fun game, but after doing pretty much the same thing to cause chaos, it's getting boring.

It's an amazing game if you have the BOLOPatch BOLOPatch thread - Facepunch

And another mod on its way..JC2-MP - Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Modification - Facepunch

Slightly more ontopic, i oced my CPU by just 40mhz and it's gone from being stable for weeks on end, to blue-screening overnight, which screwed up my Steam download of Crysis Warhead and 3D Mark Vantage :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom