GTX 285 2 gig VS 1 gig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
I was looking at the 2 EVGA ones and the price difference really isn't that much. I was wondering if it would be worth it to pay a little more to get the 2 gig card. Is performance that much better? Any suggestions would be great :)

Depends on the game, some games really make use of VRAM, and that extra GB could make a lot of difference. If the price difference isn't much ($1-30), I would say it would be worth it.

I was looking at the 2 EVGA ones and the price difference really isn't that much. I was wondering if it would be worth it to pay a little more to get the 2 gig card. Is performance that much better? Any suggestions would be great :)

If you like GTA IV, that's useful to get the 2GB, and in this case the GTX 285's bandwidth is good enough so it won't cause a performance decrease like other memory souped up cards..

Just make sure you get getting a GDDR3 GTX 285, because sometimes they fool you with 2GB and its a GDDR2

When did they release the 2GB version? I had no idea this even existed. It must have been very recent.

When did they release the 2GB version? I had no idea this even existed. It must have been very recent.

Yeah this was completely new news to me and I just bought my 280 GTX a week ago. I must not have researched enough, though, $409 is still over my budget for a GPU anyway.

If your going with a single card setup I'd say go for the 2GB model. If your going to be running SLI I don't think you'll need the extra memory.

Or you can follow my more is always better theme :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom