GTX 260 game performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I'm trying to figure out how the GTX 260 performs in today's games on the average system on the average resolution. I've looked at countless game benchmarks, but I don't believe that they have established such under the proper scrutiny. Can anyone who has a GTX 260 fill me in on their system specs and their average frame-rates for certain video quality settings and games?

Well, then there's stock vs. OC performance. When benching you need to have a baseline. What do you want as your baseline?

I have the XFX GTX 260 Black Edition......my games are running great at 1680 X 1050.....most games on high settings and my favorite part....I am throwing lots of AA on my games :D

I could not be happier......running on a core 2 Duo E6600 CPU at 2.7 Ghz
and 4 gig of corsair xms 2 pc 800 ram.

I'm looking for stock GTX 260 performance. That is, the cards with the normal clocks on standard edition cards.

which GTX 260 my friend? the GTX260 216 or the first gen GTX260? and even then xFx makes a wicked Black Edition GTX260 216

The one with the 192 Shaders, or the GTX 260+ (Core 216) with the 216 Shaders

I'm going to assume he is looking into getting one, so let's just say the 216 since that is the one everyone will tell him to buy.

I don't have any specs for you dude, but it maxes out anything you throw at it except for Crysis on this average resolution you're talking about. For gaming, I'd say it is going to be 1900 x 1200 or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom