GTX 260 core 216 worth it to upgrade? 8800 GTX comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL... heck no.. the gtx260 is far from an 8800gtx...

the way i see it, a gtx260 (now) performs just abuot 8800gts sli performance

Nosboost300....I have never tried sli.....but I had a 9800GTX....all I can say is..This XFX GTX260 Black Edition blows my 9800GTX away.....and that is just for pure gaming.... it very much seems that I can throw all the AA that I want to this card at 1680x1050.....and my frames are still great....the 9800GTX could not at all handle all that AA....Is that worth the upgrade?....I don't know for most.....but I just love all that AA....great graphics at 1680x1050....plus no jaggies....that is just heaven for me.....I love it! :D

GTX 260 uses around the same power as a 8800GTX but performs much harder, and its only getting better with driver updates and newer games which utilize more of the shaders.

Nosboost300....I have never tried sli.....but I had a 9800GTX....all I can say is..This XFX GTX260 Black Edition blows my 9800GTX away.....and that is just for pure gaming.... it very much seems that I can throw all the AA that I want to this card at 1680x1050.....and my frames are still great....the 9800GTX could not at all handle all that AA....Is that worth the upgrade?....I don't know for most.....but I just love all that AA....great graphics at 1680x1050....plus no jaggies....that is just heaven for me.....I love it! :D

Whirlwind I understand your opinion concerning the GTX260 Black edition compared to the 9800 GTX, but is there a way you can attempt to quantify the performance increase? ( maybe share some various game benchmarks and such for your system? ) People have very different definitions of "blow away", some consider it 2x more performance, others just a mere 23%. ( sort of like peopel consider buttery smooth fps at 30 fps, while I consider it at 60 fps :p theres no question at all that the newest gen cards are faster of course

Also I doubt the card can run max AA in Crysis :p that seems to be the only game that can bring any system to its knees when it comes to AA

The ATI cards do much better with AA than the Nvidia cards. I can enable AA in warhead and fps wont change at all.

I heard ATI had problems with AA in the past, but many issues were resolved with the drivers. You had a 4850 or 4870? In the Crysis benchmark thread: http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/tech-forums-official-crysis-warhead-gpu-benchmark-thread-162750/

everyone does the test without AA. I'm not doubting your claim, but can you perform the test with AA at 4x and without AA and post screenshots of the benchmark? ( it would be much appreciated )

I want to see the performance hit ( however small it is ), and if anyone has a GTX 260 core 216 and can perform the same test with AA on and off, that would also be appreciated.

The 48xx series cards handle AA wonderfully...however even though the GTX 216-260 has more of a FPS hit with higher AA settings than the 48xx series...it still manages to outperform ATI 90% of the time.

I have owned G92 based cards before and honestly was never impressed. People said the 38xx series couldn't do AA, but I found with 2xAA on my 3850 my minfps was far above even a voltmodded 8800GTS 512mb, especially when mist/smoke/explosions were involved.

The GT200 series do not have this problem, so if you like to apply AA, then yes..you will be very pleased with the ugprade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom