GTX 260 core 216 worth it to upgrade? 8800 GTX comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
The core 216's are just priced so well right now....$250 for
GTX 280 performance!!

And aside from fps, actual performance is smoother with the GT200 core vs G80.

Ill be grabbing two of the suckers for some SLI fun.

They do offer it to you, you just have to register on the site to get it. All EVGA GTX200 series get a free copy of FC2

$240 is a steal, heck you can sell the copy of FC2 for $40 and end up getting the card for $200.

why would ANYONE want to buy FC2 for $40 when its scheduled to be sold for $30 brand new on amazon...the most you could get for FC2 would be a mere $20 and this is not even including the service payments to ebay and such. Stores like gamestop will give you a 2 bucks for a brand new game.

I've already made my final decision on this, it doesn't make any sense to get a GTX 260 now at its current price of $240, when my 8800 GTX can run 95% of the games out right now at full settings and get 45-60 fps, it just doesn't make any economic sense. It's much better to wait for ATI to release new cards in 2009 and see further price drops in the GPU war.

I was just going from personal experience, i can get a good $30-$40 for the game and i dont have to use ebay.

I know youve made up your mind, im just saying its a steal right now i mean the GTX 260 launched at $400 with no game and just 192 shaders. Now you can get a 216 shader plus a game for $240 shipped. And when overclocked, you have a GTX 280 which was a $500+ dollar card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom