GTX 260 or 2x 8800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
Which would perform better for gaming? Im thinking about maybe selling my 8800GT superclocked instead of buying a second and just get the GTX 260. Also, is the 260 dual core? thanks TF!

What res do you game at??

The second 8800GT will give you good performance and be cheaper.

And there is no dual-core gpu, but there are dual gpu boards. The 9800GX2, 3870X2, and
the 4870X2 are the latest ones.

Get the 260GTX, one card is always better than two at the same performance. Im only saying the 260GTX because you can fold with it.

Plus, if it means it will most likely get you away from an nvidia chipset mobo in the future, get the 260...

ya get the gtx260 newer tech, but you really dont need to spend money on the luxury of it the sli 8800gt would be faster and cheaper if you allready have one 8800gt.

Get the 260GTX, one card is always better than two at the same performance. Im only saying the 260GTX because you can fold with it.

Plus, if it means it will most likely get you away from an nvidia chipset mobo in the future, get the 260...

Two 8800GT's will fold faster than a GTX 260, but he doesnt fold anyways.

I fold laundry... thats the only folding I do lol. Ok, thanks for the advice guys. I would go with a GTX 260. I wont be purchasing it any time now because there is NO room in my case since I got watercooling lol. I will get the antec 900, some of them have holes for water cooling in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom