GTX 260/280 series water block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering.... Does water cooling keep cards at a lower temp, or does it just keep the temp more consistant?

That block/heatsink combo should work just fine.

Make sure you keep some airflow moving around the card to help dissipate heat coming off the memory and voltage regulators.

You may want to try and see if you can't find a used full cover block for around that price range form someone upgrading to a newer card.

@ naerskine:

Water cooling, in well executed form will keep temps on graphics cards between 30 and 50C cooler than with a stock air cooling solution.

well my case will have 2 120mm directly under the GFx card pushing up about 100 CFM and then there's 4 other 120mm between intake and exhaust, should do me fine, plan on using my rear exhaust mount for a single 120mm radiator:eek:

I hope you plan on using more than just a single 120mm rad for your loop...

more than likely, space may be an issue...

but I have the dual 120mm fans already at the bottom of my case so I could just adjust the fans for a good dual 120mm radiator, any suggestions?

eventually I plan on using the loop for i7 overclocking along with the GTX 260 overclocking (maybe even 2....)

If you want to cool an i7 along with dual GTX280's your looking at 4 or 5 x 120mm's worth of radiator.

At the very absolute least, a 3x120mm radiator.

If space is an issue, upgrade your case before going water cooling so you don't have to make concessions to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom