which gtx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron5

Fully Optimized
i love the look of the ultra but i know its a waste of money so ill get to the point now, just wanted to say that.

i dont know what 8800gtx to get, please help

1.bfg oc2 626/2000 $890 AUS
2.bfg oc1 600/1800 $850 AUS
3.palit NOT OVERCLOCKED 575/1800 $765 AUS

i know ppl like bfg more but my last gcard 6800 ultra was palit and its going fine for me. what do u think i should get?

p.s it will be runnin with a q6600 on a 680i evga sli mobo and 2gb gskill hk pc8500 ram.

I'd say, save yourself the money, and get the non-overclocked Palit, and just overclock it yourself for free.

yeah kool thats what i thought thanks alot. ummm just wondering tho will i be able to overclock it just as far as the oc2 bfg? which is 626/2000? because ppl thing palit arnt as good as bfg will it have good enough cooling?

hmmm....I'm not sure on that. But you should be able to overclock the Palit from 575/1800 to 600/1900. I don't know how overclockable the 8800GTX is, because I don't have one. Wait for someone else to answer, who knows about how overclockable the 8800GTX is.

The GTX will overclock higher than the pre-overclocked. Nvidia supplies all of the companies with the same chips. The Palit has the same potential as the BFG's do really when it comes to being overclocked and you should be able to hit I think around 650 on the core.

Ok, dont do anything, yet... First of all, get an EVGA 8800 GTX AFTER the 89xx series comes out and the 88xx prices will drop drastically. Also, EVGA has a step up program so youll have the option to pay the difference and upgrade to the 8900 whatever if you want to. hope this helps.

First off hes from down under where EVGA cards are expensive there. No if he wants a card soon he shouldn't wait as the 8900 series won't be out for a little while at least. The Step-up is only good if you have a replacement card in mind for at least a month while your card is at EVGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom