GTS or GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiders_best

In Runtime
i dont really think i need a GTX for just playing oblivion and 3d graphics editing i just would like a second opinion

thanks

Im guessing your talking about the G80.

Im playing oblivion full settings (all distances turned up) with 8x anti-antialiasing at 1280x1024 resolution with my 8800gts. The 8800gtx is nice but you don't need that much power to play oblivion on high settings. Now in later games, the extra power may come in handy, but i myself couldn't bring myself to pay $550 for a graphics card.

I'm getting the GTX =D, i'm so excited, but what is anti-antialiasing? I've read it on Oblivion and never knew what it was. Oblivion is the most demanding game I have so it'll be nice to run it on the top settings... this is the computer I'm working with right now.

Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHZ
1.00 gig of RAM, DDR1 I think, it's the really old one from 2001.
ATI raedon 9600, by xtacy or something.
that's pretty much it. i can make it work, but just barely haha.

you mean Anti-aliasing..

its basically just the computer smoothing out the edges of objects, such as figures in a game, by removing some of the pixels.

btw cementshoes your computer will most likely bottleneck a 8800gtx.

and to raiders it really just depends on what your willing to spend, and the 8800gts is nothing to shrug away, its a great card.

sweet, i used anti-aliasing on my 7600 gt's b4 i ditched them for a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, oh well, but from playing oblivion on a gtx at a friends house! wow full settings and everything and the game doesn't lag one bit (not talking bout internet lag!!)

[Do not quote spam... we mods than have to edit your post as well...]

u been reported for spamming (wo)man

as above if you have the spare cash then get the GTX it will last you a long time, where as the GTS will probably struggle running games in the future at max settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom