GTS 8800 and 24 inch monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veed, please let me know what you think. I am thinking of going with the same combination, but I don't know if I should get the 8800 GTX to run the bigger monitor.

Well i plan on getting a gtx down the line but for the moment the gts is plenty. I figure 3 months should drop the price of the gts a few bucks so i'll save some money down the line. As far as the monitor, the acer 24" is a pretty decent monitor for the money, compared to my 4 year old viewsonic 20" i think it looks better.

I figured 280 for a gts with the ability to upgrade later to either a g92 or gtx was worth it. As i said, so far its chugging along just fine at 1920x1200 even running dual displays. Right now im hanging out at lumber mill in arathi basin at 55 fps. Also, dont forget that evga credits you what you PAID, not what the retail price is. So buying it now and upgrading to a gtx when those prices drop is a no lose situation.

I got my gts 320 wednesday and picked up an acer 24" last night. My framerate in world of warcraft came down from a solid 60 at all times to around 50-60 depending on how many people are on the screen. But i also plan on stepping up to either a gtx or g92 when i get close to the 90 day mark. So it can handle 1920x1200 pretty well, i'll see how well it holds up when i get bioshock tuesday.
bioshock is a very big step up from WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom