grrrr! GTX power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to be the only PSU I've found with 4 - 6 pins power connector.

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad (Black) EPS12V 750W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, ULC, CE, CB, RoHS - Retail

But it's costly.

a-2.jpg

Veedubfreak I'm looking into the GT vs GTX thing now but my preliminary search isn't finding an 8800 GT. Do you mean the GTS or were you referring to two lesser cards such as the 8600 GT? I plan on having this computer for the next five or so years and dual 8800 GTXs have been part of that plan from word go. (Fully DX 10 compatible)
There are those who are nay sayers about sli but I have two 7800GTXs in sli now and I can testify to the gains of sli over a single card.
In a previous thread I mentioned playing doom 3 on ultra quality 1280x1024 and x4 AA and getting 12-20 choppy frames on a single 7800 GTX then running duals in sli and slamming a flawless 60 fps.
In about a month I intend to buy a SyncMaster 226BW 22IN Widescreen monitor capable of playing games in 1680X1050 and will require an even stouter card.
Please specify the card setup you're recommending so I can research it further. I'm tossing out a lotta dough for this new rig and I'm certainly willing to do some research.
I am flexible. Originally I was planning on an e6850 processor and vista 32 but after visiting this forum I've already changed to the q6600 and going with vista 64.

Veedubfreak I'm looking into the GT vs GTX thing now but my preliminary search isn't finding an 8800 GT. Do you mean the GTS or were you referring to two lesser cards such as the 8600 GT? I plan on having this computer for the next five or so years and dual 8800 GTXs have been part of that plan from word go. (Fully DX 10 compatible)
There are those who are nay sayers about sli but I have two 7800GTXs in sli now and I can testify to the gains of sli over a single card.
In a previous thread I mentioned playing doom 3 on ultra quality 1280x1024 and x4 AA and getting 12-20 choppy frames on a single 7800 GTX then running duals in sli and slamming a flawless 60 fps.
In about a month I intend to buy a SyncMaster 226BW 22IN Widescreen monitor capable of playing games in 1680X1050 and will require an even stouter card.
Please specify the card setup you're recommending so I can research it further. I'm tossing out a lotta dough for this new rig and I'm certainly willing to do some research.
I am flexible. Originally I was planning on an e6850 processor and vista 32 but after visiting this forum I've already changed to the q6600 and going with vista 64.

no, he's talking about 8800GT..the newest card in the lineup. it came out yesterday. a single card is supposed to go head on with a GTX (supposedly), but it only costs like 280 bucks. unless you buy it on ebay lol.
so, 2 of the 8800gt will perform extremely close to 2 x GTX, but for half the cost.
there will be about 20 of us on here thursday/friday to post our benchmark results with the 8800gt.

Thanks Nagasama! I think I saw a thread on here earlier about it but I've had my nose stuck in other stuff and haven't gone back and checked it out. I'll keep my keep my eyes open.

yeah itll be fine, or u can use two 4 molex and 2 pci-e power connectors made for 8 series cards. all the silverstone psu's come with the gtx power cables u need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom